Opportunities: Click here to read more Experience: Click here to read more Vision: Click here to read more

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Vote Sheila Bouman

Success for Every Student

My name is Sheila Bouman and I am running for Trustee for the District of North Vancouver because I believe our school system is under great strain. On top of the obvious challenges of school closures and reduced funding, we are eroding the strength and potential that currently exists. I believe that difficult decisions are in front of our Board of Education, and I want to ensure that they are made in the best interests of our students, staff and our community.

As Trustee, I will apply my teaching experience with the last ten years of helping leaders plan and implement organizational improvements to help the Board show leadership during these tough times. I want to ensure that the decisions the Board makes results in success for every student.

To prepare our children for a positive and successful future, we need to work together to:
  • Better focus resources on the programs that we know work;
  • Deliver more integrated services to students and families;
  • Share proven practices and resources with others;
  • Collaborate with families and educators to design and implement changes;
  • Inspire excellence in students and staff; and
  • Consider the future of the North Vancouver community in all decisions.
I invite you to explore my blog to learn more about me and my vision for the North Vancouver School District. I am confident that I can help strengthen our Board of Education, but I can’t do it without you. I welcome your feedback on ways we can work together to achieve success.

Please come out on September 19th and vote for Sheila Bouman.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the kind words Bill.Visit:
    http://www2.canada.com/northshorenews/news/viewpoint/story.html?id=9d96fcb3-15d7-40e1-965c-205563953730

    ReplyDelete